Sunday, February 20, 2011

Lettuce Cart February

The lettuce cart has 10 square feet of space. I have used 2 square feet for each of the following...
  • Beets
  • Buttercrunch Lettuce
  • Paris Island Romaine
  • Bright Lights Swiss Chard
  • Nevada Lettuce
 This is what it looks like now...


2/15/2011
 
2/8/2011
1/29/2011

12/14/2010

12/2/2010

I harvested a lot from the Nevada and the beets.  The 3 direct seed lettuces aren't quite ready for me to take leaves from but they are looking healthy and rich in color.  It is very, very nice to be able to work with this many plants at a standing level.  It can take 20 minutes to gather the lettuce standing, just imagine how much longer kneeling on pavers.  I have done that, it hurts, that is why I made the cart.

No comments:

Post a Comment