Saturday, June 16, 2012

Back at it, my first cucumber this year

White Wonder cucumber from my garden. I wasn't sure when to pick it, I just went for it because it seems that it is better to error on the side of underripe. I have let some cukes get too ripe on the vine and they get bitter. I did some research and people say that once the plant produces bitter cucumbers you should just pull/cut the entire plant out because that will be all you get from then on. This was true with my plant. I tried to wait it out but it produced loads of inedible cukes. Well this one was a little further along than I like and I did spoon out the seeds but the flavor was great. I was waiting for it to turn white, but it was still light green when I picked it. Skin is too tuff for me so I peeled it.

No comments:

Post a Comment