Monday, April 25, 2011

It worked! Potatoes!

So, I planted some seed potatoes in early January.
1/4/11

2/15/11


2/21/11
Well, they started to turn yellow, stopped growing, and developed spots all over them.  Maybe they are overwatered. so I didn't even watered them for at least a month. I thought they had a disease, but a person from the nursery told me it was from all of the rain.  Either way, they seemed dead and I wanted to use the pot for a tomato. SURPRISE! Little potatoes. About 5 or 6 times the amount I planted. If I had grown them the way the instructions said, I bet I could have gotten a lot more. The seed potatoe skins were still whole in the bottom of the pot.  They were just hollowed.
Red Pontiac Potatoes 4/22/11
Definitely gonna try them again.  But maybe a different variety.

No comments:

Post a Comment